Sunday, 19 February 2012

Dior 5-Colour Eyeshadow in Grège 734


This isn't a very recent purchase, as I actually bought this the day it came out in the shops as I work next to Dior & as soon I saw their tester arrive I was all "Ooohh..." & after a few swatches on my wrist & debating about the price, I had to have it. 
What I like most about this palette compared to Dior's other 5-colour palettes is; this is great for a nude/neutral palette lover like me, & it comes with a darker charcoal shade to really help make it a smokey-eye.
I like to the use the Top Right colour as a highlighter on the brow bone, the nude-beige in the Middle as a base, then layer the Top Left gold to add depth, and the Bottom Left dark brown & Bottom Right charcoal to complete the look & turn it into a smokey-eye.


Apologies for the really rubbish swatches - however many shots I tried to take of it, in the evening light my camera just wouldn't capture it right.


My Dior colleague kindly gave me a sample of their new look DiorShow mascara to try. First impressions were it gives amazing length rather than volume, & is great at separating the lashes. But it is a B*TCH to get off. ..after tons of eye makeup remover you think it's finally gone...yet you wake up to panda eyes. So that did put me off a bit, & I don't think I'd purchase this product as I have so many mascaras to use up as it is!

If you have the Urban Decay NAKED palettes already, or already own a fair few nude palettes, I wouldn't say the Grège 734 palette is a neccessity. I however am a fan as it's handy for travelling & I find it contains pretty much all the shades I need.

Dior 5-Colour Eyeshadow in Grège 734 is priced at £40.00

No comments:

Post a Comment